The shimmer face utilizes dewy foundations with iridescent and metallic individual false lashes and crèmes. It’s also an example of highlighting and shading without the use of typical contouring products. Here, you can easily see where the light hits your face and those areas come forward because of the reflective qualities of the makeup.
Rstll Also, don’t necessarily think of this (or any other face) in term of daytime or evening. It’s all a matter of application and desired effect.
- Using concealer (only if necessary), spot-touch the face to even put the skin tone.
- Apply highlighter lotion to the face with fingertips or foundation sponge.
- Apply a very light application of liquid blush to cheeks and temples, blending well with the fingers or round sponge.
- For the eyes, start with the warm-toned dark brown eye pencil. Blend into the upper individual false lashes and smudge with your eyeshadow brush.
- Next, the burgundy crème eyeshadow is applied in a circle around the eye with the eyeshadow brush, leaving the dark brown pencil darkest at the lashline. Blend outward in a circular direction.
- The pale beige shimmer powder eyeshadow is brushed on the brow bone. (Incidentally, no brow pencil was used for this photo.)
- Black mascara is then applied to the top individual false lashes, burgundy mascara to the bottom lashes.
- After lip pencil is used to define the shape of the mouth, fill in using the same.
- Shimmery pink lip gloss is then applied as a finishing touch.
For oily complexions use matte foundations and powders, followed by highlighting “powder” to create a shimmery, but not greasy, look.
Nguyen has been writing on makeup tutorial topics for over a year. His recent post is about Light Eyes Makeup Application Tips.